Why maternity photography?
I've always loved babies, but I think I've fallen more in love with them since my maternity and newborn photography journey began. There is something magical about pregnancy and those first few days of life... You're completely smitten with this new, tiny little human that you're giving life to, and they've already taken up such a huge place in your hearts. This special time only lasts for a short nine months, but the love will last a lifetime. The images from your maternity and newborn sessions will become some of your most coveted and valuable memories to cherish. Someday, when your child takes their first steps, rides their first bicycle, turns 16, goes off to college, or gets married, these are the images you'll look back on and wonder where the time went... This is your happily ever after, an imperfectly-perfect moment in time that will forever stand still.
Faith Kelchaw Photography FAQs - What to Expect:
- Upon purchasing Groupon Deal, you *must* email me immediately at email@example.com to begin the planning of your session. It is very important that we do this in advance and you are informed about the process. Sessions MUST take place during the 7th to 8th month of pregnancy. Sessions MUST be booked within the 5th-6th month of pregnancy to ensure a spot on my calendar.
- Maternity sessions will always take place within the 7th-8th month of pregnancy. This is super important because going beyond the 8th month means risking missing your session due to early labor and delivery. After you purchase this Groupon deal, please notify me within 48 hours and we will begin the planning process.
- Your session will be approximately 1 hour, and will include only mom, dad, and baby's siblings, if you wish. Please plan to bring another adult if there will be other children in your session, so as to keep an eye on them while we take images that do not include them.
- Sessions are held on weekdays in Frederick, Maryland. They will be around the time of sunset, if outdoors, or between the hours of 7-4 if in-studio.
- Your session will be custom tailored to suit your style and personality, which is why it is important to contact me ASAP after purchase so we can begin the planning process. You will have a choice of a boudoir style or a more traditional, outdoor style. The images above are an example of each type.
- Dress in neutral colors. No stripes or patterns. This will help to keep your images classic, timeless, and keep the focus on your pregnancy, without distracting patterns.
- Although there is no pressure to invest in any art beyond your included (one) 4x6 print, clients love their images and typically choose to invest beyond that. Packages begin at $450, and most of my clients will invest at that price range and above.
- Turnaround time is approximately three weeks from your session date. After your maternity session, we will schedule your Reveal date. The Reveal is a fun and special way to celebrate your pregnancy one last time before baby's arrival. You come back to my studio and get to see your images for the first time displayed in a beautiful slideshow, and you'll be even more excited to meet your little one! This is when you will order your art - digitals, prints, canvases, or albums, should you choose to invest beyond the one included 4x6 image.
- If you have any more questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you so much! I am really looking forward to meeting you and capturing this special time in your life :)